How to determine battery performance?
Advances in battery technology have contributed greatly to the changing technological environment around us. Today, competition between different power battery technologies is at the forefront of various applications.
But at the same time, the safety of the battery has also spurred everyone’s sensitive nerves. In the first half of this year, many new energy vehicles such as Tesla, Weilai, and BYD have had many spontaneous combustion incidents.
The above shows that the performance evaluation of the battery is a comprehensive indicator system, and the most important factor in this indicator system is not the energy density, but the safety.
DENSITY or SAFETY?
According to some relevant research data, there are two main reasons for the fire alarm of the power battery.
The proportion of the internal short circuit causing the fire accident is about 35%.
The proportion of the battery fire caused by the mechanical external force such as collision is about 18 %; 16% of fire accidents are related to the charging process, especially at the end of charging and overcharging, which is more likely to cause safety problems.
With the increase of system energy density, the focus on the safety of power batteries is no longer limited to the level of the unit. “In the test phase, the safety issues that everyone cares about have transitioned from the single level to the multi-level system evaluation stage. The security at the physical level is not an absolute security concept, but a relatively safe concept.”
Advanced power batteries from Grepow
Grepow has advanced manufacture facilities, has several national patents, with a total of 4 factories, covering an area of 7.6 hectares, roughly 3000 employees, 300 of them in our R&D department, research and tests of different materials and new products are carried out, including over 30 different types of reliability and safety tests.
Our quality management system runs standards like ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 and IATF16949 to ensure products quality, stability and reliability. Also, scientific operation standards are set up and executed during our process of raw material purchase, inspection, production, outgoing quality control, and warehouse management for excellent efficiency. International certifications, such as GB, CE, UN, and UL could be provided for related products.
Safety control is a systematic project. Grepow follows the safety requirements from materials, batteries, BMS, and systems. It does not rely too much on a certain level of security protection. It is safe for every level of requirements. Whether it is the production of batteries or PACK, the quality control level in the manufacturing process is particularly important, which is also a direct manifestation of the core competitiveness of batteries.
Features of Grepow’s lithium iron phosphate battery
- High durability, cycle life is about 1500 times, up to 2000 times.
- Safe to use, Grepow LiFePO4 battery completely solves the safety hazard problem of lithium cobaltate and lithium manganate. Lithium cobaltate and lithium manganate will explode under strong collision and pose a threat to the user’s life safety. Grepow’s lithium iron phosphate battery undergoes rigorous safety testing and will not explode even in the harshest environments.
- It can be charged quickly with high current 2C. Under the special charger, the battery can be fully charged within 1.5 minutes of 1.5C charging.
- High temperature resistance, working temperature up to 65 °C.
- Excellent low temperature performance, wide operating temperature range (-40 ° C to 55 ° C); discharge at 0.5 °C at -40 ° C, discharge capacity exceeds 60% of initial capacity; discharge at 0.3 ° C at -35 ° C, discharge The capacity exceeds 70% of the initial capacity; it can be charged at -20 °C;
- Large capacity.
- No memory effect.
- Small size and lightweight.
Applications of Grepow batteries
As a supplier of high-end power system solutions, Grepow Battery has steadily increased its market competitiveness in polymer lithium batteries, nickel-hydrogen batteries, shaped batteries, battery packs, etc. Battery products are widely used in industrial backup power, military electronic equipment, and civilian use. Electronic equipment and special battery application customization. Has owned international brands Tattu, Gens Ace and the “格氏Ace” brand.
Grepow battery apply in different fields
- Smart Wear: smartwatches, smart wristbands, wireless headsets, and consumer products make it easy to customize the ideal battery for your customers.
- In the field of drone batteries, Grepow is definitely the leader in the industry. The UAV batteries produced can be widely used in security drones, mapping drones, agricultural plant protection drones, fire drones, military UAVs, entertainment drones, formation show drones, racing race drones, FPVs, aerial drones, etc., the types of drone batteries are versatile and fully functional.
- Remote Control model: RC, helicopter, top model aircraft model.
- Power Tools: Grepow’s decades of battery research and development experience, there is no pressure in the field of power tool batteries. Whether it is civilian or military or commercial power tools.
- Start-up Power: It can easily start large engines and is widely used in automobiles, boats, ATVs or other power batteries that require high-power discharge characteristics, and can be used as emergency power or start-up power.
- Portable Power: Any portable power source that needs to be used in any industry can be developed accordingly. For example: energy storage equipment for solar and wind power generation; UPS and emergency lights, warning lights and miner’s lamps; small medical equipment and portable instruments.
Therefore, regarding the safety of power batteries, we should consider the following levels:
- The power battery can be used safely under different conditions of use and harsh environment.
- Whether the power battery is controllable when it has a safety hazard.
- Whether the power battery is out of control in the event of an accident.