The lithium battery pack is a new battery that has been approved by the public in recent years to extend battery life. As the positive electrode material of lithium battery, lithium iron phosphate is the safest cathode material for lithium-ion batteries. Due to its safety and stability, the lifepo4 battery has become an important development direction of the lithium-ion battery.
Next, Grepow will explain the advantages of lifepo4 battery pack compared with the lead-acid battery from the following directions:
Small size and lightweight
The volume of the lithium battery is 2/3 of the volume of the lead-acid battery, and the weight is light, only 1/3 to 1/4 of the lead-acid battery.
Long cycle life
Lithium battery cycle life is 1200 ~ 2000 times, but the traditional lead-acid battery is only 500 ~ 900 times.
Good discharge and discharge characteristics
The conversion efficiency of lithium battery pack charging and discharging energy can be greater than 97%, and the energy conversion efficiency of lead-acid battery charging and discharging is about 80%. For the same fully charged lifepo4 battery, the discharge output characteristics of the different ratios are very stable at the same temperature.
Safety and environmental protection
Lead-acid battery: Contains heavy metals such as lead and antimony, which cause serious pollution to the environment. It is prone to leakage due to use and maintenance. Internal sulfuric acid spillage causes equipment corrosion and personal injury.
lifepo4 battery: Lithium iron phosphate material does not contain any heavy metals and rare metals, non-toxic, no pollution in production and use, in line with European RoHS regulations, is a green battery lithium battery. In experiments such as puncture, extrusion, overcharging, and short circuits, it does not explode or ignite.
- The lead-acid battery has a memory effect, can not be charged at any time to discharge;
- There is a serious self-discharge phenomenon, the battery is suspended for a period of time and is easy to scrap;
- In the low-temperature state due to electrolyte freezing, the battery can not be used, the battery in winter;
- The performance is greatly reduced;
- The discharge rate is small, and it cannot be charged and discharged for a long time.
- No memory effect, the battery can be charged and discharged at any time.
- The battery self-discharge is low, monthly self-discharge is less than 1%, the battery can be stored for a long time.
- The temperature is applicable to a wide range, can be used normally at -20 ° C -55 ° C, can discharge to more than 90% of the rated capacity at -20 ° C.
- Strong power can quickly charge and release, 20 minutes can be filled more than 80%, 15 minutes can put the electricity.
Good temperature performance
The operating temperature range is wide, the peak temperature of the lifepo4 battery can reach 350 °C-500 °C, while the lead-acid battery is only about 200 °C.
Summary: Compared to lead-acid batteries, the advantages of lithium battery packs are a lot more. In general, it has the following advantages: small size, lightweight, high energy density, long life, safe use, fast charging with high current, high and low-temperature resistance, large depth of discharge, environmental protection, and no memory effect.